Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 predictions part 2

My previous post was pretty gloomy so lets look to the brighter side in this entry. And the brightest light I see in the coming year is president elect Barack Obama. This man has engendered more hope in me than any president in memory, even more hope than JFK did when I was a kid.

In the days of Kennedy though, we just expected the president to be a great man and do what was right. Well, the bums since then, and most of all the man who led this country the last eight years (who seemingly had as his tenth entry on his bucket list to become the LAST president of the United States of America.) have proven without a doubt these expectations were the stuff fairy tales are made of.

I am the first to admit Obama is a wild card, but if he can use his rhetorical ability to rally the nation into a renewing of the pride and initiative we once had by bringing the middle class back into balance, we are going to soar into the future on golden wings.

This is a huge calling because of the entrenched political machine and 'special interests' so I predict his “centrist” oriented programs will, after the short good will honeymoon tour, get bogged down in Congress by both factions, but I hope I'm wrong.

I am living at this moment on raw hope because everything I see taking place around me leads my minds eye in one direction . . . over the cliff previous administrations and, now even more so, Bush and his band of Pied Pipers have led us to.

I am not a political person, I am a realist. You can promise me all you want, but until I see the fruit of your promise you are just another bullshitter looking for a mark in my book. Show me what you got, don't try and brain wash me into believing your way is the WAY cause I will leave you at the starting gate.

I've been brainwashed at least twice in my life. Once when I was a young man serving my country. The other when I was an older man trying to serve my God for what I did while I was serving my country. Both times I was duped, misled and lied to by people calling themselves leaders with a plan for leading me to a promised land of peace and prosperity.

Well, I've long since jumped that ship and have no desire to get duped again. So for now, that's why I say Obama is a wild card. BUT . . . Obama is the last card we get in order to fill this inside straight. Tricky business, but had McCain succeeded in defeating him I would be busy writing our obituaries.

I predict, though Obama is decidedly a breath of fresh air and a spark of light in this dying country, he better get good security (he can trust) cause there are a lot of people who would love to see that light get blown out. And if it does . . . there is no need to predict what will happen in the streets of this country then, it's all pretty obvious.

EDUCATION: This is one huge factor in where we go from here. The Bush “no child left behind” program was pure politics, never worked and I doubt anybody in that crowd really cared anyways. They were too busy protecting us from the evil doers.

I am hoping for an Obama full court press when it comes to education. Not just fancy schools and computers in every closet, but schools that actually teach. Schools that have gone back to the old days of discipline and proper attire. Places where kids can not only learn their ABC's, but also the absolute necessity of being responsible for themselves.

Each kid in this country should have it ingrained in his head that he and he alone has the power to create his future by the thoughts he thinks in the present . . . and he/she damned well better start thinking right because this welfare state every body loves will be taught to show the reality of it's prison affect also.

Give each kid in this country an equal chance to succeed on his own merit, teach him properly, and I believe we will see the rise of a movement that will lead the world into doing away with a lot of this killing. Once the others see us really become the greatest nation, not just an expensive Wall Street ad campaign, they will join us.

Obama instinctively knows this. I predict he will succeed somewhat in his endeavor, but money for change will be hard to come by as the status quo is not really bright nor caring enough in their own right to realize this principle. All they know is portfolios and bank accounts and will die that way. This is future stuff.

TERRORISTS: I have just a short thought and prediction on terrorism. We have spent a zillion dollars feeding a huge military/industrial complex so they can chase these dudes all over the world. We have gotten ourselves into a hundred shit storms with our allies doing so . . . why?

We laid around on our fat asses when we should have been watching the perimeter and allowed them to knock down a couple of our prime buildings. What have we done since? Cowering in fear and giving up everything we hold dear for what? Security? To keep them from coming here?

Here's my prediction when it comes to terrorism (this is an IF prediction)

Since 911 our “ I'm a wartime” president has filled us with the need for security at the cost of our freedom and led us down a meandering road to nowhere that will only end in bankrupt court and Chinese occupation.

I simply say “Bring it on!” to the terrorist. What the hell is everybody so afraid of? Wake up!

Beef up the borders, put the country on alert . . . and let them come. I guarantee the only waves they will be making will be the ones they make while drowning in the sea of pissed off Americans who have thrown them into it.

MARRIAGE: I PREDICT THAT IF YOU MAKE A NEW YEARS RESOLUTION TO BE MORE KIND AND THOUGHTFUL TO YOUR WIFE SHE WILL MAKE THIS YEAR A VERY HAPPY ONE FOR YOU!

No comments: